12 Points: 1000 Year Thinking & The Psychology of the Driverless Car Revolution. Food for thought & the 1000 Year Mind...
"Let us invent a vibrant and thriving 1000 Year Future together... Sustainable in mind as well as matter." -- S.H. Rodman
S.H. Rodman - @SHRodman
CEO/Founder, Right Brain Aerobics and
Right Brain Think Tank - 425-214-2926
This blog prompted this morning by reading the excellent "The Driverless Economy" by Kas Thomas... Raising issues of job loss or income loss as we go driverless... Also reading on the business side: "Driverless Cars Will Reshape the Economy..." - Huffington Post - "The Economics of Uber, Driverless Cars, and The Auto Industry" - Seeking Alpha
1. The Human Psychology Transformation & the Driverless Car.
How fun is that? You're watching a car drive itself.
What's the psychology of the Driverless Car? Strong evidence that modern humans LIKE to drive their own cars! It's an aspect of modern identity -- permeating psychology and languaging, which translates to business and software -- "drivers" are good; "drivers" are powerful!
- Will there be a "driver" identity and languaging if nobody drives?
- As raised in the Thomas blog -- big airliners are essentially on autopilot; pilots monitor, except for takeoff and landing. But still many people want to "fly" and do buy their own planes. So: Will having a fast car you can drive yourself become as expensive as owning an airplane is today?
- Will we care at all about "land cars" in 1000 Years? Preferring aircars or flying cars by then? Will there be Driverless Flying Cars? Drones we ride in?
- Do we need the pollution, having land-fill-headed cars of any kind? Will we create societies that thrive naturally without "cars" as we know them?
Perhaps the #1 UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCE of Inventors focused on inventions headed toward IPOs--Not even on the Business Plan of the invention--The New Psychology Created by the Invention. Innovators/Media Specialists/Entertainers/Psychologists take note -- new business territory abounds where new invention creates new psychology.
Maybe we should have more Inventors focused on IPLs than IPOs...: Innovation Proposals for Longevity (IPLs)...Legacy! History! 1000 Year Inventors...! Inventors Whose Long-term Vision Saves A Living Planet...
2. Will anything remotely resembling individual drivers/individual cars with engines exist 1000 Years from now?
|Try this Innovator's Right Brain Exercise|
Can you "see" a new model of car/driver that would allow life/ecology to thrive globally here and on other planets we colonize? Or a new transportation model for human culture?
How would you like to be THAT inventor...? But wait! There's the Robotics of it All --